Thursday 17 September 2015

A Rainy day manicure

Hello all! Today I bring you a manicure inspired by the current weather we're enjoying here in the UK.


Yep, it's been raining...



Now I do have to apologise for the quality of the photos in this post. Currently moving in with The Boy, and I don't have access to my usual bits and bobs, so making do for now. Anyways! Manicure!



So I used an odd collection of polishes for this result, starting from the left we have:

Peace, Love and OPI by OPI
Morning Dew by Ciaté
My Silk Tie by OPI
Spun Sugar by Revlon
Snow Globetrotter by OPI
And of course Seche Vite!



I will never stop loving Peace, Love and OPI, sadly discontinued now (it was from the amazing San Francisco collection), with it's purple/grey/green/pink shimmer and two coat perfect finish. Is it my favourite polish? Not quite, but it is way up there!

Morning Dew was a pleasant surprise; bluey grey with a pink micro shimmer, I was expecting to go eh at it. However being a Ciaté it requires 3-4 layers for a true opaque finish and wow do those layers make a difference! Suddenly it has some depth, I almost didn't want to put anything on top of it.

But I did! Snow Globetrotter, how I adore you. I can't wait to find an excuse to use this one again; multi-sized white, silver, and holo glitter in a shimmery clear base came out looking oh so right for my "rain". During winter I'm sure this will make a perfect snow too.

Then came the clouds, and my downer out of this lot. My Silk Tie...urgh. From the 50 shades of Grey collection, it's a streaky hard to work with silver. No love here, not even micro shimmer can convince me to like it! So I went over my silver lining with infinitely more enjoyable Spun Sugar from Revlon. Satin finish and no streaks from a simple silver, so much better!


And there you have it, one rainy day manicure to make me smile. The photos really don't do Snow Globetrotter justice for just how fun that glitter is.

What about you guys? Any rainy day manicures you've loved? What about other weather inspired nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment