Wednesday 9 September 2015

Bath Tea?!

Hello all! Today I bring you a rather curious thing; bit behind the times but Body Shop did a collection called Fuji Green Tea, and one particular item caught my attention. You guessed it, Bath Tea!



What on earth is Bath Tea I hear you cry? Well it's not quite as it sounds; don't think as I did that the sweet little caddy tin is full of nothing but Fuji Green Tea leaves. It's a mixture of salts with a sprinkling of tea leaves thrown in. Hate to say it...but I was disappointed by this, but hey bath salts aren't a terrible thing and the smell was rather pleasant in the caddy. Warning you now a little does not go a long way with this product, as the salts melt away like lightening, leaving the sparse leaf debris to float around and cling to the bath sides, and you...


Now the eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted an odd looking mesh thing in the images thus far. This is the recommended method of using the Bath Tea: an infuser, specially supplied  (for an extra cost, naturally) by The Body Shop for your bath. It did reduce mess in a huge way, but was it worth the grand sum of £5? Honestly...probably not. There is a long chain with a hook on the end attached, however what this is supposed to hook on I do not know. There was nothing feasible to hook it onto that allowed it to sit in the bath water and infuse away, the chain is simply too short and the hook a silly small shape. In the end I just held it there.


So we come to the bathing experience! Well it was...pungent to say the least. I don't know if you need to wash the infuser before use, or if I've got a bad batch of tea, but wow this was astringent. My eyes were watering before I even got in the bath! I've read in a great many places how relaxing the smell is and how clean and energised people have felt after. Me? I spent ten minutes in it and called it there, as the smell was just too overpowering.

I'm very sad to say my Fuji Green Tea bath experience was not a pleasant one: the amount of salts required seems excessive, the infuser didn't really seem to have a massive purpose, and the harsh smell was just too much. I loved the idea, and the rest of the range smells unbelievably good (I can highly highly recommend the body butter), but this was a disappointment all round. I'm going to give it another run, who knows it might have been a first time hiccup, but I'll not hold my breath.

I picked my batch up at the airport, but you can find it here for £12, and the infuser here for a fiver.

What about you guys? Have you tried it? Have I just got a dodgy batch, or is it the infuser creating the weird smell?

No comments:

Post a Comment