Tuesday 14 July 2015

Overseas Edition: Burts and the Bees

Forgive me for the sporadic posting lately; couple of health issues cropped up these past three weeks. Anyways! Still on the bits I picked up whilst away I bring a lovely little product from Burt's Bees.


Sadly Burton Shavitz, one of the founders of Burt's Bees, has died recently, and I hope that even without his guiding hand the company continue in the manner they always have done. Their products are lovely, and the homely aspect to them is a delight.

This Lip Shimmer is no exception. I picked out the Watermelon, but it is available in range of colours to suit all; what I will say is that it is lighter than you expect and quite sheer. Stronger in colour than their lip balms, and smoother in consistency than their gloss options, this non-greasy moisturising little stick is pretty addition to my make-up bag.


There is, as the name suggests, a shimmer to these making them perfect for holiday day to night wear. I was rocking this colour on the beach with my kaftan and bikini, then reapplying a few extra layers for my evenings out on the dockside.

Nowhere near as dark and plummy as the stick suggests, Watermelon is more a rosy metallic pink that compliments those with both fair and tanned skin. If you're looking for a little something to highlight your lip's natural colour this is a great option, that you can layer up for a deeper colour impact.

100% natural, and made with a huge amount of plant and fruit oils as well as, of course, bee's wax, all contributing to wonderfully soft lips despite the blazing sun. There is a tingle when you apply, as well as a peppermint scent, which felt refreshing with each application. (Always a plus in Spanish heat I tell you now!)

At £5.99 it's a steal, especially as a lighter option than lipstick. You can find it here, (although I know John Lewis are running low on their online stock).

What about you guys? Have you tried any Burt's Bees products previously? What's your favourite lipstick alternative?


No comments:

Post a Comment